The data controller in respect of this website is Jyoti Nanda. For any questions you may have about how your personal data is collected and used on this website, please send a message via the contact page, or in writing to the address below:
Mindful Therapy, Guildford Institute, Ward Street, Guildford, Surrey, GU1 4LH.
Your Personal Data
Personal data is data that can be used to identify an individual. For example your name, email address, home address and even IP address. We only ever collect personal data with your explicit permission, and will never share it with third party marketers. We collect your personal data, with your explicit consent, under the following circumstances:
When you use our contact form to contact us, we require your name and email address in order to reply to you. When you click the submit button on the contact form, your message and contact details are sent to us via email and are stored in our email system.
Mailing list subscription
Should you wish to unsubscribe from our mailing list, you can do so at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in any of the email campaigns you have received from us. Your personal data will still be retained by Mailchimp, but only to prevent you from accidentally being re-subscribed without your consent.
Application to attend workshops
Should you apply via this website to attend a workshop, you will be asked for your name, telephone number, address and occupation. If you are applying for a student discount, we will also ask for your student ID and university to allow us to verify your status as a student.
The data you provide will be sent via email to the data controller, as well as stored in the database of this website, and in backups of the database of this website, which are stored on Dropbox.
Use of your personal data
As a client of Mindful Therapy, your information will be held by us and may be used by us for the following purposes:
- to send requested documents or information to you, to contact you or to deal with any other specific request you have; and
- to tell you about products or services available from us, or to send you invites, information or publications (such as briefings, email alerts and updates) that may be of interest to you.
We will only disclose or allow access to your details to third parties who are acting on our behalf or providing services to us in commercial confidence (e.g. to consultants or appointed agents).
In accordance with UK and European law under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you have numerous rights in regards to the personal data we hold about you, including:
- Right to confirmation – you have the right to know if we hold personal data that concerns you
- Right to access – you have the right to view and to obtain a copy of any personal data we hold that concerns you
- Right to rectification – you have the right to the correction of any inaccuracies within the personal data we hold that concerns you
- Right to erasure – you have the right to have your personal data removed from our systems
Should you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us by email or by post. You can find out more about your rights under the GDPR here.